News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Van rest recreation mattress

Started by mrs quilty, March 12, 2019, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrs quilty

Hi, has anyone  got any feedback on the Van Rest recreation pocket spring  mattress that is an upgrade for the Tvan?
Tia
Merilyn
LC 200 GX
2019 Scout

Gumb

I've said it on here and the Facebook page but my view is don't buy an innerspring, pocket or otherwise. Save a heap of weight and get a good quality foam mattress made and designed for RV use.

Much lighter, easier to make and so very comfortable. Probably cheaper too. We got $250 off the price of our Tvan by not getting a mattress with it and going to Mattresses direct and getting a QS Hydroflex. It's had two years of work now and still as good as when it was new. Unlike a lot of foam mattresses, it's not too hot to sleep on, even in FNQ. $690 less the $250 we saved so the total extra cost over getting the standard Tvan foam mattress was $440.

https://www.mattressesdirecttopublic.com.au/caravan-mattresses/

2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

William_Foster

We got the pocket mattress as an included option on our Scout, and are very glad we got it.  It is more comfortable than our mattress in our house, and it doesn't seem to retain body heat like the foam one in our house.

Having said that, like Gumb suggests there are probably better deals out there, we were just lucky it was included in the price :)
2018 Tvan Scout
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5

Alien

We should be getting our Van rest mattress just before our Easter trip. All going to plan I'll give you our thoughts once we return.
Cheers Kyle & Coral.
Kyle & Coral.
Propulsion unit-  Land Rover Defender.
Accommodation- '06 Canning Tvan.

RobboFJ

We got the upgraded mattress on our 2016 Firetail... think it's the pocket spring.  We love it. Very comfortable for us. Better than our home mattress. My back can't do months on end on the standard foam mattress, but it can on the upgrade!

AMW

We have just picked up our hydro flex 200 from Matresses direct in Kilsyth. Looking forward to trying it out at Easter. They turned it around in 48 hours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuppa

We have a Vanrest Recreation pocket spring mattress in our Mk 2. We previously had one in our roof top tent (which was included with the tent when we sold it). Loved it so bought another for the Tvan.
Big Trip Blog

A Nomadic Life

2006 Ex Telstra 4.2TDi Patrol based camper & 2010 Tvan Tanami

mrs quilty

Thank you everyone for your input. We pick up our Scout next week and of course are very excited 😊 and have gone with the Van rest mattress. Here's to many more good nights sleeps in a Tvan 🎉.
Merilyn
LC 200 GX
2019 Scout

Alien

I don't think you will regret going with the Vanrest mattress.
We initially thought ours would be to stiff when we first layed on it however its not, very comfortable and after 4 nights over Easter we have no complaints.

Cheers Kyle
Kyle & Coral.
Propulsion unit-  Land Rover Defender.
Accommodation- '06 Canning Tvan.

mrs quilty

Well we just took our Scout went away for 4 nights on its inaugural trip. Highly recommend the Vanrest pocket coil mattress. And given we went to Cathedral Ranges and Stringybark Creek the diesel heater was fabulous!
So thanks for the recommendations  :)
Merilyn
LC 200 GX
2019 Scout

Ray

Helpful thread here, thanks.

Could you please advise how thick your mattresses are, we have a mk2 Tvan  so headroom is a problem if the mattress is too thick.

regards,
Ray
White NT Pajero and 2009 Tvan Sport with custom kitchen

mrs quilty

Hi Ray, Scout is all tucked up, but this mattress is not as high as the previous inner spring mattress we had. It is the « Ultimate » and is 160 mm high as per the website.
Merilyn
LC 200 GX
2019 Scout