News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Has anyone installed a diesel heater into a series 1 Topaz .

Started by Geoffk, March 14, 2019, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoffk

Just purchased a series 1 topaz , rang Track in Melbourne to get price to install a diesel heater and they say not an option for a Topaz , they do one for TVan . They want $5000 to install a gas heater .
Has anyone installed a diesel heater into a series 1 Topaz

Cheers Geoff

Nomadic

Hi Geoff, I installed a diesel heater in my Topaz. You will lose a bit of storage space but  worth it. Do you have AC in the RHS locker? If not that is an ideal spot for it. Suck cool air from under bed and duct hot air up over wheel arch into robe storage area back into van. Not a 5 minute job but easy DIY if you are handy with tools.
Furiously working on our bucket list before time and money runs out.
Allan & Joan
1HD-FT 80 series  & Isuzu NPS 300
2010 Topaz - evolving into a expedition camper.

Geoffk

Cheers for that , do you have any pics you could email me @ pgkingsley5@gmail.com

Thanks Geoff

IsuzuTopaz

Hi Geoff. We have had a Truma gas heater fitted and it cost about $2600 including supply (Ebay) a gas fitter and auto electrician. Everything is pretty basic and the profesional hours were minimal obviously
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Dick and Tanya

We took the truma air con out (availabile for sale) and put a diesel heater in. Installed $2,400.

gnome 52

Hi  GeoffK

There is an earlier post where GaryV installed a truma gas heater in the right hand side rear locker (with PHOTOS).
       If you look back in the TOPAZ section around the 24th august 2014 you should see it !  Should be able to put the diesel one there too.

Regards Neil
2011 topaz / 2005 4.2td patrol