News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

To Skyward or not to Skyward

Started by cmwharris, April 09, 2019, 10:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumb

Whether it fails or not is certainly a consideration and I'd rather keep things simple, just in case. The real issue is whether it's worth the extra cost and in my book that's a definite no.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

monktm

Quote from: Gumb on April 17, 2019, 08:55:42 AM
Whether it fails or not is certainly a consideration and I'd rather keep things simple, just in case. The real issue is whether it's worth the extra cost and in my book that's a definite no.
Same here . Not worth the extra money

Patrol Dude

Hi Craig, I suspect it's easy for forum members to say "not worth the money" when they haven't had one. Tim's point of view was very good having experienced the unit. We can be a stoic old bunch around here, I remember back in 2011, when I bought my MK111 with the new front box (one of the first) - the negative comments about the additional weight on the draw bar was amazing - purist Tvans definitely had no front box. These days, they are all putting boxes on the front as it's the norm now.

So, Track have the right idea and are always innovating new ideas like the sky deck, I suspect in another 5 years it will also be the norm [emoji6] along with a host of other great innovations [emoji106]

Talk to Tim, get some real life input and then make an educated decision. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Jeff & Trish
RockVegas
2020 79 Dual Cab
2011 TVan Murranji (with lots of stuff) :)
2021 T4 Rhapsody

Gumb

It think it's a bit different to the introduction of the front box. Extra storage room is practical and well worth the money. However, the only advantage with the sky deck is to be able to open the back without dropping the floor. It's a lot of mechanical hardware to add when opening the back is so easy anyway. Dropping the floor takes about 5 seconds so where's the value in spending money just to avoid that? I just don't get it.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

cmwharris

Thanks all for the additional comments and thanks Jeff for balanced view. My wife and I did go and meet Tim and his wife Julie. They were so helpful and spent a great deal of time showing us around their Tvan. They even let us have a go at packing away the tent to see how easy that was. In the end I think we have decided not to get the skyward deck and spend the money on other things. Its not that I dont think its a beautiful piece of engineering but its a lot of money that I can spend on other bits and pieces.

I agree with Jeff that the skyward will probably be standard in 5 or so years. We shall see

Regards

Craig