News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Alternative to Ryco A360 Filter

Started by William_Foster, June 08, 2019, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William_Foster

Hoping there might be someone on here that knows of a slimline alternative to the Ryco A360 filter used by Track Trailer on the inside of the door in the fridge box on the Mk5 Tvan? I am having difficulty installing a handle on the pantry slide due to space and was thinking that if an alternative slimline filter was available it would solve my clearance problem.

Thanks in advance :)
2018 Tvan Scout
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5

Beakers

Did you ever resolve this?

I have a similar need to install a thinner filter.
Intentionally geographically embarrassed

robstevens

To the OP: could you use a piece of nylon cord instead of a fixed handle? The cord is flexible and doesn't mind getting squashed by the filter housing...

Just a thought...
2017 Mk4 (Firetail)
2019 Landcruiser 200 GXL (4.6 petrol)

Frankrhona

Have you tried K&N filters: https://www.knfilters.com/search/universal/panel-air-filter/.
Alternatively look up Electrical Enclosure Vents.
Andrew & Clare
2005 ZD30 Patrol
2006 Canning Tvan

William_Foster

Rob, thanks for the feedback; I got some handles made up by one of the members of the Facebook page which are great.  I've got two others installed on the sliding drawers, and just needed this one to work so it all matched.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'm not sure it will work though as you would need a fair bit of tension to release the clips on the Mk5 slider.

Frank, I was looking at the K&N Filter, it seemed like it was a little thinner (but a lot more expensive).  I might have to give them a try anyway and just see if it works.  I'lll give the electrical enclosure vents a look to and see if that brings up any other options.
2018 Tvan Scout
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5

Cruiser 105Tvan

Would a handle with an offset that cleared the filter work.  Or remove a section of the handle where the filter is, fit two droppers with a rod or tube between them.  Get back to the person that made the Handle and see what they say?
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.