News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Draining Mk 5 water tank

Started by Seals, July 15, 2019, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seals

Hi all,
Decided to follow the TT instructions in disconnecting one or other of the two hoses under the rear water tank. The hoses just didn't want to move.
Eventually, I removed the spigot on the tank. Re-assembly was easier as I was able to insert the spigot seperately and pop on the hose having heated it in a cup of hot water.
I think TT might consider a secure drain tap.
New and very pleased Scout owner

Ranger

Hi Seals,

Try parking your Scout with the RHS wheel elevated on the kerb (so any water drains to the tank outlet), open the ball valve where the Scout has an external water connection for the shower and turn on the water pump. It will drain a full tank in about 7-8 minutes and you can leave the pump on while you flush with fresh water via the tank filler. Less hassle that removing hoses and also allows you to flush the pump and hoses at the same time.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Vaughan
Horizon Campers - Nth Qld dealer for Track Trailer products and Queensland's only TVAN hire agent.
info@horizoncampers.com.au or 0409 000 872

Eelezy

What about the mark three's? Any ideas?
2014 Mark Three Canning with extras, 76 series V8 Landcruiser...(you know you want one!)

MarkA

On a MK3 the filter for the rear tank is located at the rear of the van on the LH side. I disconnect the line there and use a drill pump to suck the tank dry and or to cycle tank cleaner back into the fill point,  I'm not sure if the front tank is set up the same but it would make sense.
200 series LandCruiser
Canning Mk 3
And a Mountian of stuff I don't think we need but apparently it's vital camp equipment.

Seals

Seals

Another point...TT say that using the pump to drain the tank leaves 10L in the tank.