News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Replace trailing arm bushes - 2006 Canning

Started by alotfaster, September 13, 2019, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alotfaster

Hi All,
Have a tyre scrubbing out and I figure the trailing arm bush is the likely cause. Shocker bushed replaced reguarly.
Can anyone help with after market part numbers and how the replace.
Thanks in anticipation.
Rick

Rob M

It may also be the wheel alignment is out. If the tyre is scrubbing on the inside is the wheel vertical or tilting in at the top.
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

Frankrhona

I would be checking the wheel alignment first. There is an instruction manual here:http://www.tracktrailerforums.com/index.php?topic=2353.0.
If you search "suspension bushes" on this forum you will find posts from members that have replaced the bushes with genuine, landcruiser and land rover bushes. It appears they are quite common and you could take one out and match it at an auto parts supplier.
There also seems to be a consensus that rubber bushes are better than the Track supplier nolethane bushes.
Cheers, Andrew
Andrew & Clare
2005 ZD30 Patrol
2006 Canning Tvan

Pete930

As everyone has stated it's more than likely your wheel alignment that is out however, before even going down that path best to have a look at all the suspension bushes for cracks, splits and wear.

No point doing a wheel alignment if the bushes are gone, they would need to be rectified first.

Also sagged coil springs can contribute a lot as well, as one of the previous posters has stated is the wheel angle in at the top if you look at the van from the rear ?

I do this for a living, have rectified similar issues with our Tvan.

More than happy to help, call if you need info 0407 606 929.

If I don't pick up please leave a message as I don't tend to chase folk that don't leave a message.

Pete