News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Strut on rear storage hatch

Started by IsuzuTopaz, September 25, 2019, 10:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsuzuTopaz

I got sick of being bumped on the head by this large door dropping. And made worse by the fact that it is used every time you move as the stability legs are stored there.
After considerable measureing and the remeasureing and calculations for clearance I have fitted this strut and it has been great. If other Topaz users are interested I will follow up with the dimensions.
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Rob M

Do you have the small bungee strap that holds up the locker hatch. This works well for us and have not had your experience.
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series

IsuzuTopaz

Yes Rob but it had deteriorated and the rubber stopper catch wasn't holding reliably and would wait till I was handling the legs to let go. With this system it was a case of how good is this. 
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Gryphen

After having been bashed on the head I'd like to know the details of this mod if you could please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamarillo32

Quote from: IsuzuTopaz on September 25, 2019, 10:21:57 AM
I got sick of being bumped on the head by this large door dropping. And made worse by the fact that it is used every time you move as the stability legs are stored there.
After considerable measureing and the remeasureing and calculations for clearance I have fitted this strut and it has been great. If other Topaz users are interested I will follow up with the dimensions.

Hi, I'd be very keen please to know the dimensions etc for this, have been bumped a few times! Thanks

IsuzuTopaz

Hi T32. We are away at the moment and things are a bit hard but I found a email to another member with same request and he was ok with it. All the best.
The strut I used is # 094609 and 250N pressure which has turned out to be a little to much. I bought this of eBay with brackets included. Can't remember cost but it wasn't much. After A LOT of measureing the bottom bracket is 140mm in from wall and the top bracket in 90mm from top edge of door.
I couldn't find an attachment button on this message facility to send a couple of pics of fitment. If you can send me your email I can send better pics to clarify fitting. Cheers Bill
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Gryphen

I got my advice from IsuzuTopaz and got the gas struts off of ebay and purchased 200N struts that are sufficiently strong enough to hold that big heavy door horizontal, and so makes it stay in the mount when pushed up fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk