Author Topic: leaking roof  (Read 1396 times)

Offline IsuzuTopaz

• Actively retired
    • View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Topaz
Re: leaking roof
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
Hi Rob. We looked up this product on the web and found no negative comments and the manufacturers are claiming a UV stable product with 19 years in direct sunlight exposure. I felt that running a waterproofing tape over a narrow but long seam would give extra protection. It is a small expense given the cost of these vans and the nuisance of the leaks
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

Offline HappyTraveller

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 05:44:49 PM »
I too suspected the cross joints and re-sealed them. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I hope it does for you.

The real problem evaded me for so long because I always looked at the roof when the awning was packed up. It had me tricked, and I must say TT didn't pick it up at all. While the joint along the awning side of the roof looked OK with the awning in, a hairline crack opened up ever so slightly when the awning was out. The twisting effect on the side of the roof where the awning is mounted put stress on the roof seal. Only a very small movement, but enough to allow water in when the awning was out. Once identified, all fixed.

Cheers
Andrew
TVan Mk5
Trakmaster Pilbara Extreme
Landcruiser 200

Offline Rob M

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Hi Isuzu Topaz, Thanks for your lead. I followed up with the company and they advised not to use the tape over silicon as silicon can cause bubbles. Had got a quote and was ready to proceed. Greatly appreciated their honest response
Previously 2009 Tvan Canning and now Topaz Series2 towed by Landcruier 200 series