News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

No 240volts at kitchen

Started by joga, October 07, 2019, 02:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joga

We purchased our Mk 3 Murranji in 2013.
Since then I have not been able to use 240 v at the power points in front of the kitchen.
This is usually not a problem, but recent death of the car auxiliary meant I wanted the fridge (in back of car) plugged into power over night.
I have had to plug it into the power inverter in the back of the Tvan.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Please note I am no electrician, so please keep it simple for an old bloke trying to do his best.
Thanks in advance.
Joe & Gay
2016 Prado shoved along by a 2014 Murranji

luke

Good Morning,
  Mines a MK4, so you might need someone to correct my comments if there's any MK3/4 differences.

For the MK4, the power outlet at the kitchen's are connected to the external 15 amp circuit, and they won't run unless you're connected to mains.
To get power, you need to:

• Connect the Tvan to external power (powered site at a caravan park)
  • Ensure the circuit breaker inside the tvan is on (ours is at the top of the internal electrical panel)

The actual 240v circuits themselves aren't hard wired either.  Track uses a modular 'plug and play' system which means they don't need electricians to install the extra points.  Because of this, it's also possible that the plug for the kitchen outlets has come loose.
Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150

joga

Thanks Luke.
I've been connecting the Engel (in car) to the Tvan, but have had to connect to 240v in back of van.
Also the quick set up cover has no allowance for running a power lead in from the outside.
Bloody nuisance really. Would be much easier if the kitchen plugs worked from the inverter.
Happy travels, mate.
Joe & Gay
2016 Prado shoved along by a 2014 Murranji

luke

Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150