News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

2006 Canning stove issue

Started by alotfaster, November 09, 2019, 02:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alotfaster

Hi everyone, our stove wont flow LPG.
Have plenty of gas, have tried different hoses.  Dont get any flow at all.
Was working ok on earlier trips.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rick

LesG

Hi Rick,
You are holding down the gass knob?
Les & Susan
Mk11 Tanami 2005
Prado GXL 120 Diesel

Jim and Lyn

Gray Rick,
Your regulator may have died. They're cheap to replace and if it hasn't been done before you'll get much improved performance in any case.
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn
LC100, 1HDFTE and 2005 Tvan

alotfaster

Thanks Jim, Les & Susan
Yes, I'm pushing down the knob, and I suspect it may be the problem.
Where is the regulator Jim, if it's on the hose I've already eliminated as I tried another known good hose.
Thanks and hoping for more suggestions.

Jim and Lyn

The regulator is the small fry pan looking device that is part of the hose connecting directly to the gas bottle.
Just a thought, have you unscrewed the hose from the bottle and given the bottle a quick on/off? You may have a stuck valve in the bottle.
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn

alotfaster

Found the culprit (see picture attached) Pushes onto the male fitting under the kitchen draw.
Have freed it up and now have gas. Can you clean them??
One of the hobs has bugger all flow, I've seen candles burn brighter.
I have attempted to remove screws to check/clean jets below but they will not yield.
Anyone had this problem? I'm tempted to remove screws heads with an angle grinder, remove what's left and tap new threads and fit new screws.

Jim and Lyn

You can remove the jet with a small socket. It screws out. Run a fine piece of copper wire from a piece of electrical wire through it to clean it out. If you are still getting poor yellow flame from both burners replace the regulator. Take it in to any BBQ place and they'll have a replacement for about twenty bucks. They gum up over time.
Glad you found the first problem!
Cheers
Jim
Jim & Lyn

Nifty

Regarding those stuck screws - had the same problem. Be aware that getting the screw to move may trigger the next problem; the rivnut it screws in to may start to slip, and will be destroyed as you remove it. I ended up having to buy a rivnut/nutsert kit, about $40 at Supercheap, but that has turned into a bit of a bonus. You'd be surprised at how many times that comes in handy on a Tvan.

Cruiser 105Tvan

Yep, totally agree, around the Lobouy water pump, also worth rivnuts/nutserts, your able to get it out to fix it.
Unlike mine that was pop-rivetted from factory.
It's got nut-serts now though.
I have had Track Service use nutserts for the door pins for keeping the side hatches open too.
So much better than self tapping screws.

As well as the extra power sockets I fitted inside, (for USB Charging and the Engel fridge) which are in a surface mounted pod, up near the Smoke Alarm.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.