News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Barbeque change over to what

Started by Splitpin, February 01, 2020, 09:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splitpin

Who has changed over their barbeque and to what, we have always had trouble igniting ours

Harry Lissimore

Our Bushman has never given any trouble.  Not the best BBQ but you get used to it.  If we're camping close to home, I use the baby WeberQ but on long trips I use the Topaz bushman.  It's also a bit hard to clean, and the plate gets too hot and it's not even heat but I got used to it and it is convenient.  I have done roasts as well and they're OK.

Harry
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

Chuin

What Harry said. Bushman is 'ok' but not my preference but I use on long trips. (Weber takes up too much room). If you're having trouble lighting it, check out the faq on bushman site. We had similar ignition issues but you can adjust the striker thing, follow their instructions
2018 Topaz Savannah/2014 Isuzu MU-X

Gumb

I've got the Char-broil Grill2Go X200. A really good little BBQ for just over $200 at BCF. Great for grilling and does roasts too. Takes up less room that a Weber and runs off portable bottles so you can move it out of the wind but also has a hose to connect to the main gas bottles if you don't want to use portables.
https://www.charbroil.com/portable-grill2go-reg-x200-gas-grill
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

Betty Ray

We also had trouble with the BBQ so we changed ours to a 2 burner Bromic stove, with a few mods it fits in the same space and still uses the side tables. Hubby had to move the left hand slide across about 70mm, and had to flatten out the ends of the side tables so that everything folds up as required. I am very happy with it. We didn't use the BBQ anyway as we cook on a fire pit as much as possible. The stove is much better for boiling a billy and cooking when we can't have a fire.