News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Ceduna - Port Hedland - Ceduna

Started by mons2travel, March 05, 2020, 05:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mons2travel

Interested in doing this circuit in July / August.

Interested in advice about route north of Kalgoolie to Port Headland via Newman and back south via the coast.
Travelling as often as we can in our Mark IV Murranji and NW Pajero

Graham Norfolk

Hi Mons2travel,
Plenty to see out that way, some of the highlights for us in order of travel from Kal. Menzies (great coffee shop), Lake Ballard statues (good camping there),Sandstone, Mt Magnet, Dalgaranga Meteorite crater (I think that what its called, small crater you may be disappointed), Walga Rock (rock paintings with a sailing boat drawn on them), Big Bell abandon town worth seeing, Cue, Meekatharra then Mt Augustus or North to Newman and Karijini (could easy spend a week there doing a lot of the Gorges and walks) Tom Price a mining town and tour. Travel from there through Munjina Gorge to Auski then to Port Headland. Most of those towns have tourist spots around them, a few dirt roads along the way but nothing your Pajero won't handle. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Cheers
Graham

Gumb

There's also good free camping out of Menzies at Niagara Dam. Close by is Kookynie which is basically a ghost town but worth a visit and a beer in the pub run by the only resident in town.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS

William_Foster

Quote from: Graham Norfolk on March 05, 2020, 09:28:24 PM
Hi Mons2travel,
Plenty to see out that way, some of the highlights for us in order of travel from Kal. Menzies (great coffee shop), Lake Ballard statues (good camping there),Sandstone, Mt Magnet, Dalgaranga Meteorite crater (I think that what its called, small crater you may be disappointed), Walga Rock (rock paintings with a sailing boat drawn on them), Big Bell abandon town worth seeing, Cue, Meekatharra then Mt Augustus or North to Newman and Karijini (could easy spend a week there doing a lot of the Gorges and walks) Tom Price a mining town and tour. Travel from there through Munjina Gorge to Auski then to Port Headland. Most of those towns have tourist spots around them, a few dirt roads along the way but nothing your Pajero won't handle. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Cheers
Graham

A good summary, a great trip
2018 Tvan Scout
2013 Toyota Hilux SR5

Nomadic

South of Port Hedland you have Marble Bar. Do the round trip out to Carawine gorge & Running waters (which is warm water) and back to Nullagine along Skull spring road.
Furiously working on our bucket list before time and money runs out.
Allan & Joan
1HD-FT 80 series  & Isuzu NPS 300
2010 Topaz - evolving into a expedition camper.