News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Insurance

Started by macs, April 28, 2020, 11:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macs

We received our renewal notice yesterday from CIL and decided to query the amount because of our inability to use the van since March and probably well into the foreseeable future.  Instantly offered a 20% reduction!! 

PeterCo

As I posted to Facebook, I recall NRMA will give you a 5% discount for each nominated month of non-use up to six per year. This is in normal circumstances, not sure what they are offering now.
Peter
2015 Tvan Canning
2013 Prado 150 GXL Diesel

Mortensen

I rang NRMA back in late March and asked for a discount. The Tvan is laid up till September and I received a refund of $389. You just have to ask.

Jabba52

Not RACV, yet they, the same call centre do offer it for NRMA.
Will be shopping around at renewal time.
Suggest RACV policy holders lodge their concern
Jabba

Wildmax

In case anyone is interested, you can get a combined single policy for your tow vehicle and camper from Club 4x4 Insurance, which also offers the option of a reduced rate "Laid Up" cover.
I changed over today from my previous separate two policies for the ute and the camper, and made a saving of around $960 for the year on my previous premiums.
Cheers
Wildmax
MY2018 dual cab Hilux SR auto with all the ARB gear
Previously: TVan Canning MkIII
now: AOR Eclipse III + Black Wolf 210 tent

HappyTraveller

It's a big saving and is certainly attractive. I used to insure with Club 4x4, and they were cheap at first, but had huge increases each year even though I never made any claims. I started reading how difficult they were to make a claim with. Then more personal experience just confirmed what I read. In our FWD club, there are members who've had accidents on and off road. RACV has always been great to deal with when making claims. On the other hand Club 4x4 was a battle all the way. I'm sticking with RACV even though I know I could save some hard earned cash.
TVan Mk5
Trakmaster Pilbara Extreme
Landcruiser 200

davandeb

Ditto RACV  :D  They have been great with any claims we have made and helped us out on more than one occasion with the Total Care coverage for vehicles and Tvan.  Our current insurance premium for the Tvan, after multi policy discounts etc. was $486 pa.
2005 Land Cruiser TD Sahara<> 2007 Tvan Murranji MkII

AllanK

A consideration. 🤔
It's all very well to post how much we each pay as premiums for our vehicle and TVAN insurances but the comparison has to be "apples for apples" and as such without setting out how much the insured values are the actual premiums paid to the various companies are, with respect, meaningless.

Jabba52

Happy to kick mine off
In the interest of a better comparison
Premium $808.12, after multi policy discount and RACV gold discount
Garaged Mornington Peninsular.
$80 K cover plus $4K contents and extras.
Jabba

Gumb

I had our Tvan with Club 4x4 but when it came to renewal this year they had dropped the insured value to $43,000. For a 2 year old Firetail with extras which cost about $65k, that's way too low. I called ask why and they said their policy was to devalue by 13% every year as a matter of policy and if I wanted to get it back up to what it is worth, I'd have to pay a higher premium.

So I changed to RACV. They were happy to cover it at $54,000 for the same premium and excess plus they will keep the value at that level until I want to lower it. The other factor was that we also have RACV Total Care so dealing with one company in case of an accident or breakdown will be easier.

When our caravan insurance rolls around in a few months, I'll probably do the same.
2017 Firetail with extra fruit
2015 Pajero NX GLS