News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Torn tent canvas

Started by GU4B, May 21, 2020, 12:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GU4B

Whilst unraveling our canvas tent out of it's storage position, I unknowingly had a very small section of canvas catch onto the open edge one of the carabiner snap hooks (the ones that hold the tent up on either side when stowing away) that had somehow either not closed properly, or been pushed open by the canvas rubbing against it as it dropped to the floor.

Unfortunately it put a very small tear in the canvas about 1 cm long. Does anyone know the best way to 'patch' or repair this as a DIY job? My other option is to contact a local canvas company, but I was hoping to to be able to find a solution I could undertake myself.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brett.

Flood

I have previously used a product from BCF? called Tear Aid. Ok for a short to medium term fix. Place on both sides of the tear.
Mark & Tracey
2013 Hilux(2" lift on 32" maxis bighorn)
2015 Canning.

GU4B

Yes, that looks like it could work for me. Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!

davandeb

We had a bug stored with our canvas while in Kununurra that ate through the roof and a side of the tent.  We initially repaired it with stick on canvas repair kit which worked for several years.  The last time we had the tent out for other repairs we had the canvas maker sew a patch over these holes.   :)
2005 Land Cruiser TD Sahara<> 2007 Tvan Murranji MkII