Main Menu

2012 Topaz Series 1 - Awning & Solar

Started by Gryphen, December 05, 2017, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphen

Quote from: tvan09 on April 29, 2018, 08:11:40 PM
Thanks  Gryphen,

Even better, I can buy them online  :D

And suitably cheaper online, can see the price for the U83010 @ 600N is only $44 ea (plus shipping of course)

Gryphen

Had the Track Trailer Topaz subframe strengthening kit fitted to the Topaz this week, not sure how strong it is, apparently rivets and new age glues by Loctite hold it on....

Cruiser 105Tvan

It's obviously the zip-tie that's been put around the chassis that's doing all the work. ;D ;D ;D
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Gryphen

Quote from: Cruiser 105Tvan on May 03, 2018, 06:18:47 PM
It's obviously the zip-tie that's been put around the chassis that's doing all the work. ;D ;D ;D

...umm it's not a zip tie... that's the bolt that is part of my pole carrier :)

Cruiser 105Tvan

...umm it's not a zip tie... that's the bolt that is part of my pole carrier :)
Gryphen.

Looks like its doing the job anyway Gryphen.  Gotta be sumthin workin for you.
Robert.
VK3PPC (Amateur).  VZU641 (Outpost LMR. Flying Doc. Radio sys.)
HDJ 105r with a 1HDFT, 2009 Canning MkII. Refurbed & pushing.

Nomadic

Quote from: Gryphen on May 01, 2018, 10:43:55 AM

And suitably cheaper online, can see the price for the U83010 @ 600N is only $44 ea (plus shipping of course)

I just ordered a set four of the 830x500N for $39 delivered (from an Aussie supplier).

I wonder what will be in the box (if anything turns up)?

I'm putting flexible solar on the roof so I thought 500N should be sufficient. Time will tell.

Interesting subframe strengthening kit for the early Topaz. Looks simple enough and yes the glues are pretty good these days.
Furiously working on our bucket list before time and money runs out.
Allan & Joan
1HD-FT 80 series  & Isuzu NPS 300
2010 Topaz - evolving into a expedition camper.

IsuzuTopaz

Hi Everyone We have upgraded the solar to 2X200w and was concerned about the extra weight (28kg) and installed 830mm 700N struts. I really did want 600N struts but they weren't available at the time.  The result has been an excellent balance. I just hope that the strut mountings are up to it.
Isuzu D-Max
Topaz Series 2

glsgls

hi Isuzu topaz, how are the srtuts holding up, I am looking to up grade my struts on my topaz as I have just installed a glass solar panel its a bit harder to lift atm thanks   :)

glsgls

hi all, just had my struts re gassed to 600n and they are great much easier to lifted  the roof up, now it has two solar panels on it   price was $30 each bargain    :)