News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Thinking of getting a portable diesel heater?

Started by Wetjala, January 13, 2021, 03:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wetjala

I've been helping a mate of mine to find a portable diesel heater for his camper (not a T-Van) and as he is not very handy "on the tools" wants a unit that is self-contained, easy to set up and use and ideally made and/or supported within Australia. This is one such unit I found that appears to satisfy his criteria and as there have been a few threads in the past about types portable heaters to use in cold weather, I thought I would post the link herein as another option for punters to consider if they are looking at what is available for their own use.

See: https://www.sydneydieselheaters.com.au/

luke

We've got a big trip coming up this year, and I've just finished setting up a heater for the tvan.

There's plenty of good local options, but it's another item you need to find somewhere to store.

There's already a few threads on here about what others have done, but I wanted something compact enough I could store out of the way in the side panier. (If only track had an option for that . . . .  ::) )

I ended up going the cheap Chinese route as it was the only 'packaged' heater I could find that would fit, and I really didn't want to spend all the time trying to make one of the other units fit and work.  I've bench tested it and it works well, but I'll let you know if it survives the trip . . . .
Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150

robstevens

Just check exactly how loud these heaters are... Friend's one can only be used to heat the camper before bed time. Too noisy when trying to sleep!
2017 Mk4 (Firetail)
2019 Landcruiser 200 GXL (4.6 petrol)

luke

Quote from: robstevens on January 20, 2021, 06:52:40 PM
Just check exactly how loud these heaters are...

Good point Rob.

I was expecting it to be pretty loud so I was surprised how quite it was when testing it, however I'll need to use it for a while before I trust it enough to leave on unsupervised.
Tvan Mk IV
Prado 150