News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Track Mate Trip Preparation

Started by byrockbird, August 07, 2013, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrockbird

For anyone interested I am in the middle of fixing up our Mate for a planned East Arnhem land trip next year - with some shorter trips inbetween now and then hopefully. I have already put some of this info in the General Discussion forum but thought I would give the Mate forum a much needed boost in contributions - I guess not many people have the Mate yet. So far I have removed rust and re painted underneath (rust converter followed by rustguard undercoat then enamel. Also have replaced wheel bearings and shock absorbers.
Also fitted some Old Man Emu stone guards to the shocks. See pics.

Next on the list will be mud flaps forward of the trailer wheels, a small platform on the A frame and finally a roof top tent - still to come.

Regards John & Rob
2014 Isuzu LSM auto Dmax. TrackMate Trailer.

planner2

Hi John and Rob, my wife and I have just purchased the weekend mate and will pick it up in a couple of weeks. We went for the full annexe and the family room as well. Upgraded to an innerspring mattress for comfort. Put in a 2nd water tank. We are planning to go to the Kimberly's next year with a few small trips to the Victorian Alps between now and then. We have 2 boys. One is 5 and the other is 10. We had a Coromal Silhouette PS421 but it was just too big and heavy and probably wouldn't handle corrugations well. I think we have made a good decision. Guys at Track Trailer in Bayswater are great to work with. Will keep you posted
2011 Toyota V8 diesel 76 series wagon
2013 Weekend Mate Trailer

byrockbird

Hi Planner2,. sorry about the very late reply! Just wanted to suggest a couple of things for your Kimbereley trip. As well as all the usual places, we can highly recommend a trip to the Mornington Wilderness Camp(Dimond Gorge, yes i think thats the correct spelling,) . You can hire canoes at at the Lodge for Dimong Gorge - they are waiting for you at the beginning of the gorge, fantastic - biggest gorge in the Kimberley!
Also well worth it to take a sea plane from Derby to the horizontal waterfalls, sea food lunch, thrill ride on a navy seal type rib boat, and spectacular scenery and all at a fraction of the cost of going on boats like the True North. Also on your way to Cape Leveque its worth calling into Middle Lagoon for a couple of days. Lastly when you arrive at Mitchell Plateau, book you helicopter ride back from the falls - much better than walking back from the falls as you get a spectacular aerial view of the plateau. Ron Moon's book of the Kimberley is well worth it.
Anyway hope you have a great time!

Regards, John & Rob
2014 Isuzu LSM auto Dmax. TrackMate Trailer.