News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Tvans in South East Queensland Get Together (7-9th of Feb 2014)

Started by Trackinabout, September 23, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trackinabout

Hi Everyone,

I am curious to see how many Tvan owners there are in the South East Queensland region out there?

And if any one would be interested in a weekend camping trip or even a BBQ somewhere central to all.
I am not sure if this has been done before or not in Queensland.

Is there anyone interested?

Cheers,
Warren

Warren & Sylvia
Nissan GU Patrol 2000 4.2TD  & TVan 2011 Canning

Kevin

G'day Warren
We're on the north side of Brisbane - certainly be interested in a get together sometime though I don't have an enormous amount of time on my hands.
cheers
Kevin
Suitcase
RUK42
2013 Prado SX

Harry Lissimore

Hi Warren,

I'm at West End Brisbane.  Had my 2002 Tvan for about 2 and a half years now.  Been to Cape York last year, gulf country this year.  Been away in it 208 days since June 2011, done 23,000 km and get away at least once a month for short trips around Brisbane and would love to catch up with anyone with the same interests.  I will look forward to catching up.

Harry and Bev
Formerly 2002 TVAN, now a 2015 Topaz Savannah and 2014 Isuzu MU-X LST. Now towing with a 2019 Toyota LC200 GXL.

BigBlue

Big Blue Maverick (10% original parts) & 2011 TVan Canning

batsy

Warren, depending on where & when we would be a starter.
Cheers
Batsy
80 Series 1hd-ft auto 40th Anniversary with a TVAN Canning

Chas911

Great thought Warren.  I live at Benowa on the Gold Coast and would love to join in.
Just back from the Gunbarrel and off to Carnarvan Gorge for the first two weeks of October.
Cheers
Chas

Gavin

Hi Warren,

We are on the southside of Brisbane and would be interested in attending a
meeting like the one you suggested.

It would be nice to meet the faces behind the names on here.

Cheers Gavin and Michelle.
Engine Room:-06 Patrol ST 4.2tdi ute.

Bedroom:-08 Tvan.

Rob

Hi Warren,

We're on the Sunshine Coast and would be interested in a get together dates permitting.

Heading off next week for a belated get-away for a few weeks hopefully somewhere that's not on fire or too hot. Hmmm, now where can I go? Back to the planning.

Cheers
Rob & Marian
2010 Tvan Canning behind '07 Prado diesel
Coolum Beach, Qld

Chas911

Hi Warren. My Carnarvan Gorge trip off owing to mates medical problems. Ready to head off whenever.
Chas

Rod1

Hi Warren

We are on the north side of Brisbane and think that a SE QLD Tvan meetup is a great idea.

Cheers
Rod
Prado 120 - Tvan Tanami Mk III

Blackfender

Hi Warren,
We are on the Tweed Coast we would be interested.

2012 TVAN-2008 Land Rover Defender

Tayls

Hi Warren

We are Brisbane south and we are interested.

Chas911

OK Wazza. We now have the names and numbers.  When and where are we going !!
Chas
Let me know if you need a hand

Trackinabout

Hello Everyone,

Well as Chas has said we have numbers which has been great to see the response.

Now down to business, which brings me to couple of ideas.

With the year coming to close, very quickly and Christmas social events will be increasing for everyone. I thinking if we need to give people time to arrange for this trip. Therefore I am thinking of February, this allows for getting over the Christmas & New year Break and getting into a camping ground after the school holidays finish.

Possible places for the weekend, there is several places in mind. For the north a great little camping ground called, "Cobb & Co 9 Mile Camping Ground"    .... www.cobb-and-co-nine-mile-camping-grounds.com  ... , Just south of Gympie. Another place for the south is  Flanagan Reserve Bush Camping ....  www.flanaganreserve.com.au ... , Just south of Rathdowney.

I know February is a little way off, but as I said above this time of the year is hectic for everyone. Also it will give other follow TVan travellers passing through at the time to attend as well.

Also in both areas there is some good easy forestry trails if anyone would like to go for a drive somewhere.

So food for thought, what does everyone think?

Cheers  :)
Warren & Sylvia
Warren & Sylvia
Nissan GU Patrol 2000 4.2TD  & TVan 2011 Canning

Chas911

We'll done Warren, two great locations.  I certainly will be a starter.  Any time in February will be OK with me. The more notice re location and date the better it will be for everybody.
Cheers
Chas