News:

Welcome to the new Track Trailer forum

Main Menu

Some Pics

Started by byrockbird, January 12, 2014, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrockbird

Just thought I would post these in the Mate forum(I have put a small number in the Modification? section. I may have to do this in a few posts because of file size. Just a note on the Lido two burner stove in one of the pics - a great stove, and we have had quite a few different ones. Also the cheap as chips($16) standard size tarp over the entry works a treat and takes all of 1 minute to put up. I also put an external Anderson plug on the battery box so that the solar panel can plug straight in and also cuts down the cable length from drawbar ( that was Craig H's suggestion)Hope the other pics are self explanatory.
Regards, John & Rob

2014 Isuzu LSM auto Dmax. TrackMate Trailer.

byrockbird

and 2 more pics from John And Rob

byrockbird

Next 2 pics from John & Rob

byrockbird

byrockbird

byrockbird

There was probably an easier way but never mind. These are the last 2 for now. By the way the shock protectors for the lower front of shocks have been on a while and work a treat. Previous shocks had copped heaps - and not just the paint sand blasted away. We had major dents that were threatening the integrity of the lower shock. And once again, it was an easy job to replace the shocks and bushes without having to jack up or remove wheels.

Hope this was of use to someone!
Regards, John & Rob

Mudda

Hi,
Just wondering if you still have your Trackmate Trailer.  Loved your photos as we are considering purchasing one at the end of the year.  Have yet to see one in real life as we live in North Queensland and none of the dealers have one on the floor.  Just wondering what your thoughts on them are.

Thanks
Georgie

byrockbird

Hi Georgie, sorry about a very late reply but have not been on the forum for a while as we have sold our mate. We decided to finally take the plunge and get a small pop top- the Topaz would be nice but out of our price range. We wanted to be able to pull over , jump in and make a cuppa even if its pouring rain - showing our age!
Regards, John & Rob

paulstoy

Hi Georgie
I am the lucky person who bought the Trackmate off byrockbird and it really is a tricky bit of kit .
Since buying I have done what we all do spend money and make it for want in our image .
As a standard trackmate without the galley I found it lacked flexibility so have fitted a 1.5m full width slideout tray which brings all kitchen supplies and stove/BBQ to an accessible area within 30sec.
The other major mod was to add a Foxwing Awning which I fabricated extendable brackets from the roof bars on the trailer as the James Baroud has only a 35 Kg rating and of course you half that off road.
(foxwing sidewalls also make life comfortable in wind, in my opinion the thing most people underestimate especially in the desert regions)  .
if you are interested I could post a couple of Pics .
Cheers
paul

Mudda

Hi Paul,

I am so sorry for not replying, I only just realised you have answered me for which I thank you.  Yes I am very interested in pics if you have any.  I agree  with you about having the slide out tray.  I like the idea of the swing out kitchen to.  We have an Oztent that we have been using for years but I am getting a bit tired out hauling all our stuff onto the roof baskets.  I would like to keep the Oztent as I am thinking maybe set it up as a extra room and maybe the awning will go close to the top of the James Baroud.  How do you find the James Baroud to sleep in, they look roomy enough.  Any other thoughts on the set up would be much appreciated as I have actually not seen one in person, just pics of the internet.  My email address is queenhag@westnet.com.au .

Many thanks
Georgie

JRD

Thread mine here I know. I'm personally interested in the Weekend mate. How much cargo height do you have left once that full size slide out tray is fitted.  I would like to have a fridge in the as well.  Track trailers fridge box is too small for a 70lt Evakool fridgemate

paulstoy

Hi
Had trouble uploading photos of the tray but to answer your question.
to my knowledge none of the currently available fridges will fit in the Trackmate as total height of the box is 450mm only .
I use a 15l Engel as a freezer and that fits only by  50mm
Large fridge lives in car.
I have since removed the tray and fitted a Drifta Kitchen (works a treat) on one side and am building a sliding drawer unit for the other side .
And am currently having a soft floor camper tent made to replace the roof top tent (hybrid Trackmate?)  will try and post a couple of pictures when completed.
Paul

JRD

Quote from: paulstoy on November 10, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Hi
Had trouble uploading photos of the tray but to answer your question.
to my knowledge none of the currently available fridges will fit in the Trackmate as total height of the box is 450mm only .
My fridge will fit in the tray without the slide .
I have since removed the tray and fitted a Drifta Kitchen (works a treat) on one side and am building a sliding drawer unit for the other side .
You must have read my mind, I was thinking of a Drifter kitchen as well. The Mate kitchen looks very poor
Paul

Looking forward to any pictures, Cheers.