Author Topic: MATE photos  (Read 5428 times)

Offline Mikees

• Mike Pavey
    • View Profile
    • The Dirt Off Road Campers
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Tvan
MATE photos
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »
Here's a snap of the Track MATE in action. This was the Base Mate with the Baroud camper option, wood rack, space cases, A frame storage rack.
Mike Pavey
The Dirt Off Road Campers
http://www.thedirt4wd.com.au

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Not yet but interested in one
Re: MATE photos
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
Couple of recent Mate photos

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
One more

Offline PJD

• View Profile
  • Do you own a Track Product?: Mate
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
Looks good, dose young child sleep in awning part under roof top tent? My daughter sleeps in her swag or all thee in the JB roof top. Track did not say soft roof camper had the lower awning section when I looked at tent types.

Offline chris_a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
Had a close look at the Mate at the Melbourne Caravan and Touring show earlier this year. Great build quality with one of the best chassis and suspension set ups going around. Set up options only limited by the imagination of those wanting a solid go anywhere trailer to follow behind their 4WD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chris,
Toyota Prado 150 series D4D
Tvan Mk II Tanami

Offline PJD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:56:55 AM »
This photo is taken on Carters road at about 1000m altitude, in the northern part of Barrington top nsw. Very scenic drive

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
Was at Track today to pickup a second gas bottle holder strap and asked them about the fact that your not protected at all should it rain when using the Baroud roof top range. Track replied and advised that there developing a sail track to fit to the James Baroud which will be interesting.

Also POD trailer is going to release a roof top tent which looks ideal for the Track Mate. Roof top is a similar concept to most BUT looks to have a great optional annex attachment with a base which looks good and a LOT larger than the traditional roof tops like ARB etc. Nothing on there website at the moment but it is called a Kwik Kampa 3. Saw it on 'Camper Trailer Australia' Video, it was dated 24th of April @ 2:35. I'd post a link but it does not appear to be on youtube at the moment. It sort of turn you mate into a proper camper trailer which can be useful.

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
Alternate roof top option for your mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiRXn-ZS4hc&feature=youtu.be

Looks similar to 3 Dog roof top in design. Will be interested to see them in the flesh to see the amount of floor space.

Offline PJD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
Tried to sail track the awning on my mate and found in pulled the JB sideways when you tensioned up the awning, you need to run spreader poles so don't need to use the ropes to tension the awning, just have the ropes to hold it down. At least with the super peg wing awning you have some where to store your awning and not have it take up room in the trailer

The new pod kamper looks like a nice tent set up to go on the mate as the awning will cover the kitchen 

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »
Be interested to see what track does with the JB and awning. Will keep an eye out and send some pics should they put one on display.

Yep, the idea of the awning over the kitchen is good. I currently use a 3x3 gazebo but it leaves a gap between the trailer and tent which is annoying in the rain.

PJD - Do you have a photo of how you mounted your ALKO jacks on your mate? I am thinking of doing something similar instead of carting around the Mates wind up stands. There big, heavy and annoying to use.

Offline PJD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
Got the legs off at the moment to grease them up as they had on grease on jacking screw. Putting them back on next weekend.will post a photo then. Been flat out getting ready for big red bash. Looked at getting the track legs but had the same thoughts as you.

Howling moon now do a trailer mount roof top with a awning check it out at https://www.howlingmoon.com.au/product/trailer-top-tent

Offline zoom0001

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 07:53:25 AM »
The mate legs are tough and use unlikely to fail, but are big and cumbersome. I was going to weld up a mounting bracket for mate legs and store them behind the rear mudflaps but then thought I might give the ALKO drop downs ago instead. My last camper had the ALKO's which were great. I bought along my battery powered rattle gun which I used to wind them up and down. I have ordered a pair and will look to try these out over the coming weeks.

Interested to see how you mounted them as I was not keen on welding to the chassis. Was thinking of splurging out and buying a hydraulic rivet gun so I can use those huge arse stainless steel rivets to secure the ALKO mounting plate. Track seems to have had a lot of success with rivets, good thing is that you can drill them out and replace things should it get damaged.

I was thinking of using the original mounting holes to build up a bike rack? Any thoughts?